Minneapolis Modern Quilt Guild
August Meeting 2016
- New Members Review and Visitors
- Announcements (10 min)
- Membership - 53 members
- More information here
- $40 annually
- $5 per meeting for non-members or non-visitors going forward
Date of next meeting: Thursday, September 15, School House
- Big Stitching
- Heidi Parkes Style Modern Mending
- Bias Binding
- Charity Sew-ins
- Sept 11 - Penn Lake Library 12-5
- Sept 25 - Penn Lake Library 12-5
Millie P’s Retreat
- Friday September 30 - Sunday October 2
- $10 per person, per day. Come for 1, 2, or 3 days.
- Friday-Saturday - 9a-midnight
- Sunday 9a-7p
Wapo Retreat - Nov 18-20
- Signups coming soon
- Post quilts that will be at the State Fair on the FB page
- Registration is open
- Registration open: July 1st – Nov. 30th., 2016
- Notification by: December 30, 2016
- Cost to enter: $30 per 3 quilts
Updated Nine-Patch Challenge - due 11/30. See MQG’s Facebook page for information.
MQG - Block of the Month Design Challenge - see their website for details on submitting.
Committee Updates (if applicable)
- Charity Committee (Jan)
- Orlando MQG Quilt Drive (Bright Hearts)- due August 15th
- #Quiltsforpeace (Blue Hearts)- due September meeting
- Philando Castille blocks (HRT With a Twist)- due August meeting
- Lap Quilt Charity Request - Goal 10 quilts, dimensions to come
- Quilt kits available
- 9 patches
- Low volume plus blocks
- Always need donations of scraps/batting/blocks
- Welcome/Hospitality (Kara)
- Speakers/Programs (Jill)
- Amanda Jean Workshop
- Sept 10. 9:30-4:30 Curved Piecing
- Registration on the blog now!
- $40 for members; $50 for non-members;
- Plus acrylic templates, $15 - 7in set
- 20 people max - first come, first served. Spots still available!
Denise Schmidt - Pure Improv Workshop
- Sat, April 1, 2017
- St Cloud workshop on Friday, 3/31
Will send out an email or a Facebook post shortly!
Program: Louise Gray Reveal
- Drawings for prizes (one for people who reveal at meeting; one for use of hashtag #louisegraychallenge prior to meeting)
Program: Bobbin Doctor <-- view presentation here!
Show and Tell (20 min)