Another guild I belong to had a sew in a few weeks ago and some of these ideas are mine and others belong to those I sewed with.
- Don't forget to pack the night before - that way you have a chance to add things in the morning that you may have forgot.
- Don't forget to bring a lamp for your sewing area if you are unsure of the lighting where you will be sewing,
- Don't forget a backup item to hand stitch in case something falls through on your great plan to piece an entire quilt that day. This is where I messed up for our sew in. I had cut out a quilt nearly four months earlier and did not discover until I arrived at the sew in that I missed one set of squares on this list. Oops! I did not bring my hand sewing either, so my productivity was way down.
- If water is not going to be provided, be sure to pack some water. There is no way you can sew an entire day without being hydrated.
- Don't forget to check out what everyone else is doing....there may be something you can learn or a project that you just HAVE to start.
- Don't forget to consider how it will affect your project if cutting mats, rotary cutters, rulers, ironing boards and irons are not provided. You may want to bring some of this necessities.
- Don't forget to take breaks. You body will protest if you sit in one position and sew all day.