Amanda Jean gave a fun, informative presentation, graciously answered a variety of questions and signed copies of her book. Thank you again Amanda Jean!
Our Show and Tell portion of the meeting included both members and guests which was so much fun and we all learned lots of new things from many of our guests:
The Low Volume Quilt As You Go Block Lotto winner was Rozina--Congrats!
Upcoming Dates for MplsMQG: We briefly discussed our November retreat and upcoming challenges; someone asked if we would have a recap of this information in the minutes, so here goes:
- Next Social Hours: October 29th, 6-9 p.m. at Common Roots. Come and go as you like, eat and drink if you wish, bring some handwork to do or not!
- November Retreat: Registration and payment ($135) is due by our next meeting, Thursday, November 14th. Retreat dates are November 22-24, 2013 at Camp Wapo in Amery, WI.
- January 2014 --- MPLS Modern Quilt Guild Banner Blocks due. Please make one or more 6 1/2" unfinished (6" finished) block using whites and brights, pattern of your choice. These block will be used to make a MplsMQG banner.
- February 2014 -- NYCMQG Swap: The theme is love with more information coming soon.
- March 2014 -- Monaluna Meadows Challenge due. See Lisa's blog post for more information on this challenge and the very generous fabric gift from Jennifer Moore, creator of Monaluna fabrics.