Our September meeting was full of awesome surprises!
1. Jason and Sharon Oliver of Quilt Sticks came to our meeting and gave a demo of their products, Quilt Sticks, which are handmade rotary cutter templates created in graduated widths. Check out their website to see how the sticks work and information on where/how to purchase their products.
2. Our Fourth Quarter Web Series is on Holiday Gifts. Each Saturday our members will post holiday gift ideas that they have designed themselves or their favorite tutorials for making holiday gifts. Please consider signing up to write a post. It's really easy and everybody loves new holiday gift ideas.
3. This month's block lotto, Cathedral Windows, was won by Kristen S. The October block lotto is a low volume Log Cabin block. Watch the blog for more information on the block requirements
4. September was the reveal for our Take It With You Challenge and the projects revealed were pretty sweet. Here's the pictures to prove it:
5. We proceeded to Show and Tell and here are the pictures from that impressive showing:
6. Thanks to everyone who donated to our Two Bit Bags again this month.
Someone left their prize behind which I will bring to the October meeting (if I don't drink the wine and eat the chocolate before then). Remember, if you bring a prize donation, you get four free Two Bit tickets.
7. We discussed creating a banner for our guild and asked members to consider making a 6.5" unfinished block using white and brights. There is no deadline for this project, so I'm sure we will be discussing it more at future meetings.
8. Our October meeting, Thursday 10/10/13, will be a Trunk Show featuring Amanda Jean from the blog, Crazy Mom Quilts and the co-author of Sunday Morning Quilts. The trunk show will be free to members, and $5 for non-members. Amanda will have copies of her book for sale and will be happy to autograph copies of her book already purchased.