In case you missed the July MMQG meeting, I announced a Bento Box swap with the Baltimore Modern Quilt Guild.
Not sure what a Bento Box is? You can see pictures of quilts made up using this block on Flickr.
Here are the Rules:
- Make as many blocks as you'd like. Please use modern, Quilt store quality fabric only. Some solids are fine, but not an entire block's worth. Please do not use a white solid. It doesn't read well in the final quilt.
- Use this tutorial from Film in the Fridge Blog as your guideline.
- Cut your finished (15.5") block into quarters, each measuring 7 3/4". If it doesn't measure up, please don't send it.
- Keep one quarter for yourself, one for the Minneapolis Modern Quilt Guild swap and 2 for the Baltimore swap.
- Use up those scraps!
- If you're making a bunch, it's tempting to want to use the same fabric and make these assembly line. If you must do it this way, to keep variety in the blocks, please at least change up the placement of the fabrics within the block.
- Blocks are due at the October 18th meeting. Blocks can come in earlier, or left at Sewtropolis, but will not be accepted later.
- Place all of the blocks you are swapping in a large Ziploc bag with your name clearly labeled on the bag and the number of blocks (7.75" size) you are swapping. This is how I'll know how many to give you back.
- Once blocks are received, they will be shipped to the Baltimore Guild. $1 - $2 from each participant is requested for postage.
- When the blocks arrive from the Baltimore Guild, they will be divided up, and hopefully be ready for distribution by the November meeting.